Möhrengemüse with Curry and parsley
A delicious side dish of vegetables from a bunch of carrots, the thematic is by the way much flavour than normal carrots. Carrots vegetables goes very well with pan-fried Steaks, potatoes, fish or as a vegetarian option and a light herb sauce.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
How do You explain, actually, the carrot? Carrot or carrot? Or still quite different? I grew up neither with the one nor with the other term. In my native southern Germany have we used Yellow beets said. I don't know, however, whether you are doing it too? I would have to ask my Family. We probably have all been re-educated by the supermarket and co. are already creeping up and we have the market-relevant terms.
Anyway, today, I say carrot. And in this Supplement form, it is wonderfully different. The spiciness of the Curry blends in incredibly well with the Sweetness of the carrots. This is a great combo.
Carrots with Curry and parsley
- 1 Confederation of fresh carrots with Green - approx. 500g
- 25 g Butter
- 1 TSP of sugar - heaped
- 1 TSP Curry powder
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 3 TBSP water
- Sea salt
- Pepper - from the mill
- fresh parsley - to Garnish
- Carrots from the Green free, wash, peel and diagonally into approximately 5 mm thick slices.
- Melt the Butter in a nonstick frying pan. The carrots and about 5 Min. sauté with the sugar and sprinkle over medium heat for about 3 Min to caramelize.
- Everything with the Curry powder, salt and pepper. With lemon juice and water to deglaze. In the closed pot and lower heat to the liquid, bring to a boil. The carrots should still be slightly crisp.
- Variation: If you like, You can you still with toasted pine nuts garnish.