Fig tart with Ziegenk—se, walnut and thyme
If I the beautiful, delicious figs at the market and in the supermarket in large quantities, I see white, now the autumn is not far off. You get the figs, of course, throughout the year, as everything nowadays, but in early autumn I love the Aroma of the fresh figs from the Mediterranean area especially. Then it is time for my Fig tart with fresh goat cheese, walnut and thyme. There's no way around for me.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
My Fig tart with goat cheese is a very quick and delicious dish. Especially if You as I love the combination of Fig and goat cheese. In this case, You'll like this tart in any case. But also walnut and thyme and, above all, the Sweetness of the honey complement the Fig and goat cheese, in a special way – for me to clean tasty place.
THE TRICK WITH THE RED FIG-MUSTARD
But the icing on the cake to the Fig tart with goat cheese is the red Fig mustard is spread on the tart bottom. With its slight sharpness he adds all the ingredients with a special touch.
THE DOUGH QUESTION IN MY FIG TART WITH GOAT CHEESE
If I take a ready-made dough from the refrigerated section for the preparation, or even my dough make the dough, depends mostly on the time factor. Most of the time I try to make it but even. Sometimes, when it's supposed to be, as well as for this Blog post, I work even thyme, a leaf in the dough. Here You will also find the recipe to my savoury shortcrust pastry – My basic recipe. You can also take a very good puff pastry for the tart, if You prefer.
FRESH FIGS ARE SIMPLY DELICIOUS
I have a really pronounced soft spot for the Cowardly and plaster in the high season on all occasions. Firstly, due to their delicious taste, beautiful color and ease of hand but I 😉 also because of their "magical Aura". Yes, don't laugh! The original home of the Fig tree is of the Orient. The figs have been something of a Mystery. So like everything, what comes out of 1001 night...
A small tip by the way, I still, if You have the dough is still a lot left. You can cut out with any Ramekins, a little Fig mustard on it, half a walnut and a Mini-DAB of honey. You now have delicious savory biscuits that are eaten in a jiffy.
For more autumn inspiration are my Mini-Quiche with Gorgonzola, pears and walnuts, my autumn vegetable pie with two toppings or my classic onion tart.
Fig tart with goat's cheese, walnut and thyme
YOU WILL NEED A TART TIN 34X13 CM
FOR THE BATTER, THE PREPARATION TIME OF THE RECIPE IS GIVEN WITHOUT THE DOUGH.
- 1 shortcrust pastry, made fresh in - alternatively, from the refrigerated section, such as Quiche and tart dough from Tante Fanny or puff pastry
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2-3 large figs, fresh - in about 5 mm thick slices cut
- 200 g of goat cheese-soft cheese-roll - in approx. a 5 mm thick slices cut
- 3 TBSP Fig mustard, red - e.g. Ticino, mustard sauce, Red Fig, tungsten mountain, are also available in the 60ml glass
- 20 g walnuts - coarsely chopped
- 2-3 TBSP thyme leaves, fresh - slightly chopped
- 1 TBSP honey, delicate fluent - for example, blossom honey
- The oven on 180 degrees top/bottom heat preheat.
- The prepared or purchased dough in a Butter greased Tart tin. NOTE: I recommend the selbstg made shortcrust pastry vorzubacken, but also the bought shortcrust pastry, except on the package is something else. Puff pastry you do not need to pre-bake. I have a basic recipe for a savoury shortcrust pastry, have a look: Salty shortbread dough - My recipeMY TIP: The homemade shortcrust pastry you can still have fresh thyme leaves incorporated.
- The tart bottom with the red Fig-mustard and sprinkle.
- Then the Fig slices and goat cheese slices in alternating layering.
- After You sprinkle the chopped walnuts and the thyme leaves over it and spread out the liquid honey.
- Should enough tart dough left over , You can, if You want to, even pieces of dough cut out and the Tarte set.
- Now the Fig tart for about 30-35 minutes on the middle rack in the preheated oven give. Done! I wish You a good appetite.