Classic Semmelknödel – the süddeutsche Original
I grew up in southern Germany and we have been drawn to the children there, sort of, with bread dumplings and dumplings in and of themselves. That was almost our staple food, you can say.Even in the Restaurant, there were the dumplings to order the children's menu. In Franconia, it was called as "dumpling with gravy", and so the restaurateurs wrote it on the dining cards.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
The dumplings were a staple in my Childhood, so at all of our dining plan at home and both my mom and my grandma have prepared it often. I think otherwise, my brother and I rebelled too. And in spite of the large dumplings-love I lost you for a very long time, as a young adult, somehow out of sight.
THE PERFECT LEFTOVERS FOR SANDWICHES – MY CLASSIC BREAD DUMPLINGS
The classic dumplings are a wonderful option, if you know what to do with stale bread rolls (rolls on Bayerisch😉). Because of it they are made mainly. To do this, you hardly need any additional ingredients apart from the bread rolls and most of them you have actually always in the house.
EASIER THAN YOU THINK, IF IT MAKES YOU
The classic dumplings are to prepare in addition, yet easy. Really not complicated at all. Even if many still think, as I earlier also once. Look in the recipe, the step-by-step guide in pictures by, You'll have the preparation, see is very simple. They taste great but also insanely delicious if you cut them the next day, small and pan-roasted, and served with a fresh, crisp salad. A great Veggie meal so.
To dumplings perfect accompaniments classic bread of all kinds. are, of course, sauces But also mushroom ragout or mushroom sauce, meat, or Roast or other things which have to do with a lot of sauce. For example, my recipes for my classic beef stew , or my classic beef rolls, because the sauce needs the dumplings in quantities of ;-).
Classic dumplings - the German Original
- 4 wheat bread rolls - from the day before
- 2 Eggs - Size M
- 150 ml of milk - 3,5% fat
- 1 onion, large - cut into small cubes
- 30 g flat leaf parsley - fresh, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 TSP salt
- Pepper - from the mill
- Bread crumbs - best from the bakery or homemade 😉
- The rolls You cut in small cubes, put them in a bowl and mixed them with 1 TSP salt.
- The onions in fine cubes and the finely chopped parsley briefly in the Butter sauté. The milk to warm but not boil let.
- The onion-parsley mixture and the warm milk to the bread cubes in the bowl. Everything together , mix and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Now can You ever have a pot with plenty of salted water put. In the case of large pots that takes a while.
- The eggs whisk and add , as well as some salt and pepper on it.
- In the connection, at Best with the hands, (I always take Once-in kitchen gloves) vigorously to form a moldable mass , add flour. If the dumpling dough is to soft , You can a bit of bread crumbs mixture. If he's dry is a bit of milk to add.
- With wet hands (with or without Once-in kitchen gloves) approx. 8 tennis ball sized dumpling shapes.
- The dumplings in the boiling salted water and immediately the stove plate to medium temperature put. The dumplings should not be cooked willn, but don't need to pull. It takes about 20 minutes - until the top of swimming.
- I wish You a good appetite!